Thursday, June 11, 2009

Envelope Liners - Easy way to spruce up your invitations

Looking for a way to take your invites to the next level cheaply and easily? Envelope liners are my newest obsession. They are cheap and relatively easy for a DIY beginner or veteran. It is a little time consuming, but not too bad. It's something you can do in front of the TV. Forgive me, these photos were taken before they were glued in.

We recived our beautiful goccoed invitations from Ugly Kitty last week and we adore them, but I just wanted to do something extra to make them a little more special. I remembered a tutorial I saw on Annie Get Your Glue Gun some months ago and headed to the book sale at our local library. As if it was fate, we found an old bird guide from 1918 that was oversized and falling apart. We bought it for $1 and I took it home and disected it. I followed Annie's tutorial to creat the template and after that it was smooth sailing. Added a little bakers twine in brown to hold all the bits and pieces together as well (super cheap, 10 yards for $7 on etsy).

Hope that helps some of you a little. I'm so excited to send out our invites. We couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out. I hope our guests appriciate the love that went into them. Have a lovely day everyone! Happy planning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's such a great idea!!! your guests will love that!!! Very clever and adds a unique feel to the invites :-)

love it!!
Jo
www.TheNewMrsBlog.Blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails