Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Interview with Jo of La Petite Chaumiere

As promised, here is an interview with Jo, the artist behind La Petite Chaumiere, a new and promised etsy shop.

How long have you been crafting?
Since the womb! haha...really though, I've always made some sort of crafts or artistic expression. When I was 3 I started drawing on my bedroom wall with crayons and my parents decided to just allow it so I'd have a creative outlet. I started making a scrapbook in middle school and still have the same one that is now about 200 pages long. And then on my 16th birthday my parents got me a sewing machine so my mom could teach me how to sew.
Where do you get the inspiration for your pieces?
I think pretty much anything that is from the past. Right now my favorite is Victorian era.

Why do you love working with brides?
Because that's when I get to make my most dramatic pieces! I have to tame my ideas down for everyday wear hair pieces. I love it when brides are gutsy enough to push the envelope with their wedding attire! My belief is you only get 1 day, so you might as well go all out!

Who are some of your favorite artists on etsy?
I love Bonzie of course! Also, this shop by Parsi who makes bouquets completely out of porcelain that look 100% real! There are a ton of pottery shops I love too, but there's just too many to name.

You are getting married soon, what is the overall feeling or themes of your wedding?
I think vintage and dramatic, and just a tad bit gaudy :-)



Here is the beautiful inspiration board for her own upcoming wedding. She informed me she plans on wearing the Victoria in Blue piece pictured above! Good luck with your planning Jo! I'm sure it will be beautiful!


Check out her shop and new blog for more gorgeous pieces and info. Thanks for sharing Jo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the feature!! You have a lovely blog here! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails